Sunday, March 27, 2011

I'm convinced that people love it when

you're miserable, down on your luck and live under a black cloud. Otherwise, you're just not interesting enough, deep enough and way too “happy” to care about. You are just not "Reality TV" worthy...

When you’re in the dumps, friends you haven’t seen or heard from in years suddenly reappear and want to be by your side, a shoulder to cry on, your strength and support during the saddest, hardest time of your life. And so it goes until they see that you are happy and finally, realize that they have nothing more to give. You are no longer a sad case, a broken person for them to feel good about fixing and so they disappear. Sound familiar or am I talking out of my a--? People just don’t like happy people and thrive on others misery and pain.
So, if you're here for the fun, the fashion and for the occasional sarcasm, glad you're here and hope you keep coming back but if you're looking for misery well...you know what they say, misery loves company and so you should look elsewhere.
Thanks for stopping by but we’re just not meant to be and yes, it’s not me, it's you!

1 comment:

  1. Great post!

    Well, I like to surround myself with cheery, happy, easy going, high energy people, because I consider myself one as well! :-)

    But I see exactly what you mean! I think that some people do like to make themselves feel better by being around when people are down and/or by putting other people down.

    Anyway, keep writing for us the people that like your sarcastic, funny and interesting topics! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!