Thursday, April 28, 2011

I choose Alexander

Since I’m fresh from across the pond and witnessed all the Royal wedding buzz in person, I feel a sort of connection to what’s going on and although I’m totally not into the wedding and have no intentions of watching it, I can’t wait to see Kate’s dress.
I’m just curious to know what a girl who has an unlimited budget and every designer at her disposal selects as THE dress and I really hope that she doesn’t disappoint which brings me to this and I just have to ask...did any of you honestly like Princess Diana's wedding dress?

I know it was 30 years ago but really, be honest!? I personally thought it was ugly; too frilly froufrou and way too much of everything of what I don’t like…bows, puffy sleeves, taffeta, scalloped lace and so much of it. It’s just not my taste but that’s just me and I hope that Kate makes a more modern dramatic and stylish choice. Now Princess Grace of Manaco is another story and I believe, should be used as the benchmark for what we see tomorrow.

Which got me thinking…If I was in Kate's shoes and had my choice of designer, who would I choose for my Royal wedding day?
It would have to be dramatic
it would have to be unique

it would have to be sexy
This was like thinking about what I would do if I won the lottery and was quite fun dreaming about the ultimate dress and although I love the Vera Wang I got married in, it would have to be Alexander McQueen!
He is high fashion, he is quirky, he is fabulous and his creations are works of art that always make a statement and leave a lasting impression. I’ve blogged about his genius before and love everything that he touches so there you have it; I pick Alexander McQueen and hope that Kate does to.
In case you were wondering, here is what my dress would look like, your turn Kate!
Kate's choice...what do you think?

 



1 comment:

  1. OK, the good news is that I was right about the designer and the inspiration but the bad news is that I'm a bit disappointed in the final product.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!