Wednesday, October 5, 2011

You don't need to travel to Beijing to

experience the sights, smells and flavors of a traditional "Night Market" because this Thursday, October 6th it’s coming to you, Philadelphia.
PCDC has joined forces with the Food Trust to create "Night Market Philadelphia," a market of food vendors, live music, lion dancing, arts and atmosphere, starting at 7 p.m. under the Friendship Gate at 10th and Arch Streets.
http://www.nightmarketphilly.org/
Ever since returning from Beijing, where the markets' bustle and vitality were on full display each and every night and, where I tried my first starfish on a stick, I've been dreaming of something like this but, closer to home and now...
Although I hear that scorpions, squid and crickets on a stick didn't make the cut...
in addition to some more adventurous treats, there will be plenty of great, cheap and more familiar Asian-style fare.  And, if you are a food truck fan, you too won't be disappointed. The Dapper Dog, Nomad Pizza and Sweet Box Cupcakes will be making an appearance as will two brand new trucks, Strada Pasta and Local 215.
So, Like them on FB, download Foodspotting and join the "Night Market" scavenger hunt and get a sneak peek at all of the street food vendors and fresh produce stands right here right now http://nightmarketphilly.org/Ctown_NMprogram5.pdf
Come on down to Chinatown and experience a market like no other and do me a favor, try something new...I know I will be!!

1 comment:

  1. You know... I have an IRON stomach, but not sure if I can try a starfish on a stick!

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!