Tuesday, December 20, 2011

You can always count on NYC for

a little bit of everything...
Celebrity spotting; C List at best but still fun to hobnob and drop names nonetheless so here goes…
Saturday night, the adults ventured out to Asellina, in the newish Gansevoort Park Hotel and, unlike most restaurant experiences as of late, we were seated almost immediately.  Enough time to snap a few pics in front of the cozy fireplace located in the swanky lounge.
the girls striking a pose...
Sat right by the window overlooking Park Ave. and what I like to call “the Godfather” seat that allowed me to observe everything and everyone around me.  First, I spotted Lance Bass of N’SYNC seated with boyfriend and blond entourage directly in front of us.  Next, arrived Adrienne Maloof and husband but she took us almost an hour to ID.
I knew she was from some show and by the looks of her she was clearly connected to someone in the plastics biz but after much Googling and brain energy, Lisa called it…Real Housewives of BH.  Don’t feel bad if you have no idea but I think she was in town promoting her new shoe collection for Charles Jourdan?
Anyway, awesome food, drinks and company and a great day/night overall.
cheers!
Shopping; Next day we hit the mandatory sample sale and I picked up a few Andrienne Landau pieces; a leopard vest that’s shedding all over my black corduroys and this fab greenish-blue dyed fur collar.
Yikes, I looke kinda freaky in this pic!
Bid adieu to our awesome hosts and spend the rest of the day doing what we love best and that’s popping in and out of SoHo shops and cafes and loving the city even in 24°...ouch!
Jacob was smart and insisted on this awesomely cute lion hat and gloves that I had to buy him.
How cute is this kid?
Discovering; We uncovered a Yelp NYC Giftacular Holiday Market where we took in the festivities and took some goofy shots courtesy of the Yelp photo booth!
Jacob didn't want to part with the Mario hat
tons of unique vendors
Oh and I discovered my new go-to vintage/new shop, Roundabout and became totally obsessed with a Marc Bouwer gown that looked like it was made just for me…OK, can't stop thinking about it so gotta go call them to get it shipped!
looked a bit like this...
Ciao and oops, I almost forgot, checked out the Lady Gaga windows at Barneys...so cool so here you go...
made entirely out of hair!



3 comments:

Would love to hear from you!