Saturday, September 20, 2014

Mazel Tov-ing in Style!

What fun at my nephew, Ethan's Bar Mitzvah yesterday and I finally got to wear my new / why can't they all be this cool & comfortable / dress from AKIRA!
First, it's asymmetrical so it looks cool, modern and unique.
Second, it was really inexpensive especially since it's an exact replica of a Christian Dior worn by Rose, let's compare shall we?
Me at Ethan's Bar Mitzvah at the Chophouse in NJ! (-;
Rosie Huntington Whiteley at the amfAR’s 20th Annual Cinema Against AIDS gala in Cannes, France...
Cannes red carpet
HaHa! What a totally fab life I lead n' est-ce pas?
The dress has an invisible zipper...I personally hate exposed zippers and not so sure why they've become such a huge trend!?
Best part thought? It has pockets! Yes ladies, pockets!  Imagine how awesome it is to leave your clutch at the table...even at home...and use the pockets for your most important accessory, your smartphone! 
Styled with gold Jimmy Choo platforms, vintage gold leaf necklace and lots of rings, I felt comfortable and was told looked pretty good too!
I'm in ♡!
The Bar Mitzvah was at the Chophouse in Gibbsboro, NJ...a bit unorthodox, I know but it actually turned out to be the ideal spot for such a memorable and important time in a boys life.  We had beautiful weather and the ceremony overlooked a pond on which the restaurant sits...

Me and my handsome boys...
Jacob with his cousin Ethan, the Bar Mitzvah boy...
Not planned but everyone wore Navy...I'm pretty certain that it's the unofficial color of the Mitzvah circuit!?
The Kids had a blast dancing to DJ HTS...
Playing games...
Posing for pictures...
and winning all kinds of Bar Mitzvah swag...

Jacob handed me this ring and said, "One day Mama I'm going to buy you a real one!" #whatamensch
Jacob was stylin' in a striped dress shirt by Calvin Klein, black Nordstrom vest and pants by Dane Reynolds and blue/gray tie by Sovereign Code...
The Pièce de résistance? Black and white skull pocket square that he wore in the left pocket of the vest...Cool! 
As the photog, Phil and Jacob did the "couples dance" while I captured the moments of the day...
 Mazel Tov Ethan and now my feet and I need a much-needed break...Oy!
Want the dress?  Just checked and they still have it in both, navy and white but only the navy one has pockets and that's a deal-breaker for me.

1 comment:

Would love to hear from you!