Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I don't ♥ HEARTS

With Valentine’s Day approaching and hearts, cupids and chocolates popping up everywhere, I'm reminded of just how nonsensical this “holiday” really is and how much I don’t like Hearts!  Not sure why, you would think all girls do but I personally think they’re kinda tacky, cheesy if you will. Something you get from your very first real boyfriend who doesn’t know any better and spends his every last penny at the mall jewelers to make you happy and do, you know…have a memorable Valentine’s Day (-:
How many of us have one of these or, something like it? 
It’s like that episode of Sex and the City when Big buys Carrie the tacky Judith Leiber clutch and she realizes that he really doesn’t know her.
Sorry Judith, I can appreciate your works of art and naturally gravitate to anything expensive and shiny but your bags, like hearts, are too tacky for my taste. And of course as I do my research for this post, I stand corrected cause some of her bags are magnificent but at an average price of $2,000 and up, would rather invest in a piece of jewelry…just not heart shaped!
So guys, skip the hearts and don’t go crazy with the gifts cause in the end, all we really want is a whole lotta love...every day, a little appreciation...all the time and a full body massage...chocolate of course.  And if you still insist on buying something resembling a heart, here are some suggestions...You are welcome!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!