Thursday, June 16, 2011

You know you're a Tweetaholic when

you follow Twitter on Twitter and want to hashtag your every thought and so I'm agonizing over my first personal Hashtag #anysuggestions?
For all of you new to Twitter, a hashtag is a short character string preceded by a hash sign (#) that tags your tweets allowing people to easily find and aggregate tweets related to the event/subject being covered.
There is even an unofficial Hashtag Mafia, people who flash one another the hashtag sign — crossing their index and middle finger of one hand over the same...
Here's an interesting article from The New York Times on "Twitter's Secret Handshake"   
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/12/fashion/hashtags-a-new-way-for-tweets-cultural-studies.html

4 comments:

  1. Going to Tweeter? Or are you there already? I have a few friends there (including my younger daughter, who refuses to friend me on FB and warned me about no friending me on Tweeter as well), but I think that I'm staying put on FB. That's enough for me at least for now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here, there, everywhere John. You are probably better off not being "friends" with your daughter on social...(-:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny, the younger one is the more sociable of my two daughters, and is friends even with my sister, but us? NEVER! The older one even goes out with us for drinks! We'll be meeting her tonight at Sammy's Beach Bar for drinks, and I'm sure some pics will end up on FB! :-)

    Do you like Tweeter?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see them...have fun!
    I love Twitter, it's instant gratification...give it a try

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!