Monday, August 13, 2012

I've always wanted to be

one of those women you see in 1920's movies sitting in a cafe or walking down the street donning a fabulous hat.  Unfortunately, as much as I love to buy hats, they are often relegated to the back of my closet or, used as decor rather than accessory for my head.  Not to mention that it often seems a little silly to be wearing one as we are all so casual dashing around in flip flops and jeans. 

The exception?  Women in the South and a woman in my building that, despite the lax dress code that many of us have taken on, never leaves the house without a hat and even in her 70's, looks fantastically fabulous at all times!  So, inspired by a woman 2x my age, I decided to take the plunge and bought a hat that I thought could be a good starter for my busy yet casual lifestyle and, since buying it last week, have now worn it every day since...
At first, it felt kinda odd wearing a hat indoors but a) I feel warmer; They say you can lose up to 75% of your body heat through your head alone, b) It looks awesome with my Twelfth Street by Cynthia Vincent maxi dress and All Saints sandals and c) My stylish co-workers are digging it so...it's a keeper!
What do you think?

2 comments:

Would love to hear from you!