Saturday, November 10, 2012

Today is the day I

take it all off!
Not sure about you guys but every few months I get into a rut.  Whether it's the job, the weather or the wardrobe, I feel the need for a change.  
This time it's my hair and while I went back and forth between colors; black a few months ago only to spray in highlights over the summer, I decided that a good chop chop is what I really need.
Chances are I'll regret it the moment I do it but, to make it all worth the effort, I've decided to  donate my hair to "Locks for Love."
 
If you're not familiar with Locks of Love, they are a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children in the US and Canada under age 21 suffering from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. 
Most of the children helped by Locks of Love have lost their hair due to a medical condition called alopecia areata, which has no known cause or cure. The prostheses provide help to restore their self-esteem and their confidence, enabling them to face the world and their peers.
I love this cause and the Mission...To return a sense of self, confidence and normalcy to children suffering from hair loss by utilizing donated ponytails to provide the highest quality hair prosthetics to financially disadvantaged children. 
All I need is 10" and I'm pretty sure I've got enough to make the cut...get it, make the cut?
 
The way I see it is, my new haircut will not only support a great cause but will also inspire a new wardrobe that will lead to...who knows what but I'm excited to find out!
See, I already feel better...
   How Can YOU Help?
Plan an Event to Benefit Locks of Love
Register as a Participating Salon
Help in our National Headquarters
Other Ways to Help

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!