Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Anne Hathaway Apologizes


as she should...to good friend Valentino for the Oscar dress snub!  I hated her dress but then again, I'm just not a big fan of Prada...I just don't get it as I don't get Mark Jacobs but that's me.

Anyway, even if this story is true, who cares if she and Amanda wore similar but beautiful dresses? and...are you telling me that her stylist Rachel Zoe -with a showroom full of designer duds begging for the wearing- didn't have a back-up plan?  Yeah right!  
Anne Hathaway is apologizing for what she wore to the Oscars ... but not because it was widely panned.  The Best Supporting Actress winner explained on Tuesday that the pale pink Prada gown with the unfortunately placed darts was not her first choice.  Instead, a Valentino with embroidered tulle illusion and a high neck was going to be her pick -- until the night before the big ceremony.
"It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans," the "Les Misérables" star -- who has been good friends with Valentino Garavani for years and even wore his design for her September 2012 wedding -- tells People magazine. "Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino in honor of the deep and meaningful relationship I have enjoyed with the house and with Valentino himself. I deeply regret any disappointment caused."
I'm sure she had her pick of gorgeous gowns and could have at least selected one that was more flattering...come on!
That other dress she feared was so close to her Valentino selection?  An Alexander McQueen creation draped on none other than her "Les Mis" co-star, Amanda Seyfried!  Aren't these two known freneamies?  
According to Us Weekly, Hathaway asked Seyfried to send her a photo of her own dress on Saturday and when she did, "an aghast Hathaway quickly changed course, ultimately going with the controversial Prada dress...wrong!
"Hopefully, Valentino won't hold a grudge.  In September, just days before Hathaway married Adam Shulman, the iconic designer gushed to E! Online that he "did the dress" for her big day. "She's a very good friend of mine," he added. "She's like my daughter!"
If that's the case Valentino, just give her a time-out and have her write 100 times...I promise to respect my designer...I promise to respect my designer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!