Wednesday, February 27, 2013

From Fashion to Feasting

Last night I made roasted Artichokes and homemade Mushroom and Tomato Pizza and it occurred to me that I almost always use Trader Joe's products!
The Artichokes were really easy to make...here are the directions but want to point that while they wait for your consumption, they also make for very cool looking decor! 
Start with medium to large sized Artichokes, cut them at each end and place a garlic clove in the center of the top...
To prevent them from turning brown, which they do as soon as you cut them, squirt a little lemon juice throughout.  I didn't but I also roasted them almost immediately so they were OK.  
And, I would recommend cutting the garlic clove and spreading it throughout the Artichoke so you get even distribution of the flavor or, place multiple cloves within...live and learn!
Wrap tightly in aluminum foil so that they can't breathe and pop in the oven for about 1 and 1/2 hours...
Serve with a side of olive oil, salt and pepper for dipping and enjoy!
Delicious, nutritious and beautiful!
While the Artichokes were roasting, I started on the Pizza but, walking backwards...
I used TJ's 100% whole wheat dough rolled and covered in fresh garlic cloves...
IMG_4970.JPG
smothered in Tomato Basil Marinara sauce...will use Pizza sauce next time but this is all I had!

covered one half with TJ's shredded blend of cheddar and mozzarella cheese so that my Vegan half could enjoy it too!
decorated it with mushrooms and cherry tomatoes and popped it in the oven for about 25 minutes...
I'm guessing that the meal was a hit!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!