Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I love New York

There is nothing better than visiting NYC over a beautiful weekend with great friends and lots to do and then, getting the hell out!
This was one of those weekends that stay with you for a long time as do the pounds you put on while enjoying the festivities. Phil and I met with Allison and Steve, friends we met and fell in love with in Cabo and started the day with a visit to the Photography exhibit at the MOMA armory on Park Avenue. Fantastic stuff only to be topped off with a sighting of Vern from “Deserving Design” on HGTV and, his new baby? Of course I had to say hello!

75 and sunny was the weather and we took our time strolling down 5th Avenue past Central Park and straight to Bergdorf Goodman. Ahhh, the handbags, the Lorraine Schwartz jewels, the CHANEL tattoos…yes, I bought them! I couldn’t resist and so glad that I did. The guys mysteriously disappeared and so we walked across the street to Louis Vuitton to check out Allison’s latest obsession, the The Néo bag. I did indulge a bit and tried on a $250K chocker as every security guard in the store stood by. They must have seen the look in my eyes, like I could run out of the store onto 5th Avenue and disappear? Well, for this chocker, I would...how amazing is this!?
Checked into our hotel, The London and have to say it’s my new favorite place to stay in NYC. Loved the location, the décor, the luscious sheets and the fantastic view from our suite. Although we had resies at the Gordon Ramsay restaurant, MAZE located right in our hotel, we opted for just cocktails and then headed to Natsumi for sushi instead. The place was not fancy or trendy but the food was great and the wine was not the $25 per glass as at MAZE…what are they thinking?
Anyway, what’s a great meal without dessert? And when I say dessert, I mean cheesecake, apple pie and a chocolate brownie from Stage deli…the guys totally polished this off and rolled back to the hotel for much needed R&R.

The next morning, we met in the lobby and headed to Norma’s…ahhh, just thinking about it makes me salivate. You know the show on the Food Network, “The best thing I ever ate” Well, everything I ate there was the best thing I ever ate! Norma’s is situated in Le Park Meridian and came highly recommended and no wonder. Everything tasted as good as it sounded from the shots of fruit smoothies served upon arrival to the Homemade French toast, Eggs Benedict and Mango and Papaya crepes…just some of what we ordered and finished although everyone was still full from the night before!

Stuffed and happy we bid adieu to Allison and Steve and headed to MOMA for the Tim Burton exhibit but not until hitting jewelers row and trying on hundreds upon hundreds of diamond studs!

Whew, got that out of my system…Thanks New York, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!