Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Forgive me...for I have sinned

Forgive me Passover for I have sinned. It has been 3 days since my last bite of bread but, it was worth it!

If you haven’t been to the Graces Trading company on 11th and Locust in Philadelphia yet, what are you waiting for? Not only did this place make me break my diet but also Passover!
http://www.garcestradingcompany.com/
My week ended like this, as I melded with the herd of desperates trying to get out of NYC on a train that took much longer than anticipated.

My weekend however was an entirely different story as it began in Rittenhouse Square surrounded by Cherry blossoms and Jacob learning to ride a scooter. What a weekend!

On Saturday, we decided it was time to head to Margate, check on the house, pick-up our working espresso machine and chill on the beach. As soon as we got there, we decided that that was not such a good idea as it was in the 50’s and totally depressing. We did the usual loop around Longport and salivated over the houses we would one day not own.  I saw my dream house and decided that we were about $10 Million away from where we needed to be, turned around and headed back to Philadelphia.

Back in the city on Sunday, we took part in the Easter egg hunt although Jacob was totally baffled by why there were plastic eggs full of candy on the ground...my Jewish son! 


Strolled down to the Graces Trading Company and as soon as we walked in, Jacob insisted on prosciutto…gotta love his sophisticated palette. So we ordered the Tartine Aux Fromage and what can I say, I couldn’t resist…The brioche, tomme crayuese, marinated tomato and prosciutto was mouthwatering delicious and I succumb to it as did Jacob!  Phil was strong like bull and sipped his iced coffee while we pigged out.  
Topped off with an iced coffee and a shot of espresso, I was done and ready to roll back to the Square.  What a weekend!!!



1 comment:

  1. If that's sinning, Alya, then I'd rather be damned! HA! Sounds like a great family weekend after a (typically) brutal commute. Keep the pieces coming...dig your work.

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear from you!