Monday, December 27, 2010

And you can quote me on that!

Went to one of those places I have a love hate relationship with, the Russian restaurant. Love it cause it's an excuse to get all dolled up, drink, eat and dance the night away . Hate it cause most of the time it's so pretentious. Most of the time, that is, but this time. This time it was awesome, maybe because the hair, make-up and new metallic mini and silver fox stall all worked but maybe because while we sat next to our friend and owner Victoria and her friends they all proceeded to tell me that they're avid readers of AlyaBuzz. One woman even admitted to quoting me the other day!
As you can imagine, I was not only blown away but also so touched and honored. First, Russians don't normally admit that they like anything or anyone, not sure why that is but think has something to do with pride. Second, these are fabulous women and I love when fabulous women find what I do to be fabulous. Third, I love that this little hobby of mine succeeds to in some way touch people and in this case, people that I barely know but really like. One of the women told me that she was in a conversation with someone the other day and quoted my, "Another one bites the dust" post. How great is that!?


So, that totally made my day/my night/my week and I had to reciprocate by telling her how much I loved her for it...not something we do but come on, we were at a Russian restaurant, it was X-mas eve and the Vodka was flowing like water.
Merry Merry everyone and hope you all enjoy reading AlyaBuzz as much as I love writing it!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to hear from you!